Maryland Government Relations Specialists
HJM has earned a reputation for effectively and aggressively advocating for its clients before various state and local governing bodies. Through its Members, Lisa Harris Jones and Sean R. Malone’s combined 40 years of experience, HJM has built excellent relationships with state and local legislators and agency heads. It is through these relationships that HJM continues to provide positive results for its clients.
HJM’s clients are ensured that the firm will produce:
- Access to qualified government relations specialists
- A high level of government relations expertise in both the executive and legislative branches of the State of Maryland and local governments
- Practical solutions that appropriately account for relevant business risks and benefits specific to each client
- A superior work product and results, which consistently surpass our clients’ expectations
HJM’s lobbying services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring and advocating for/against legislation that directly affects our clients’ legislative agendas and interests
- Drafting letters to legislative committees to further advocate our clients’ legislative agendas
- Drafting and presenting testimony on behalf of our clients before legislative committees
- Arranging meetings with members of the Maryland General Assembly, local legislators, and appropriate agency representatives to advocate our clients’ position
- Drafting and/or amending legislation on behalf of our clients
- Providing up to date analysis of current events and political developments that impact our clients
In addition to traditional lobbying services, HJM represents real estate developers in their efforts to build support around important projects around the State. In this capacity, HJM works with its clients and state and local agencies to help secure approvals necessary to keep development on track.