Maryland Government Relations Specialists
Harris Jones & Malone, LLC has earned a reputation for effectively and aggressively advocating for its clients before various state and local governing bodies. With a combined experience of over 85 years, Lisa Harris Jones, Founder and Member, Sean R. Malone, Member, and their team of hardworking associates, have built excellent relationships with the Governor’s Office, the Maryland General Assembly, the Baltimore City Mayor’s Office and City Council, the Baltimore City Board of Estimates, the Baltimore City Liquor Board, the Baltimore County Executive’s Office and County Council, the Howard County Executive’s Office and County Council, the Anne Arundel County Executive’s Office and County Council, the Prince George’s County Executive’s Office and County Council, and the Montgomery County Executive Office and County Council, as well as related boards and agencies.
HJM’s clients are ensured that the firm will produce:
- Access to qualified lobbyist and government relations specialists;
- A high level of lobbying government relations expertise in both the executive and legislative branches of the State of Maryland and local governments;
- Assistance with developing and implementing a government and community relations agenda;
- Practical solutions that appropriately account for relevant business risks and benefits specific to each client; and
- A superior work product and results, which consistently surpass our clients’ expectations.
HJM’s lobbying and government relations services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring and advocating for/against legislation that directly affects our clients’ legislative agendas and interests;
- Drafting letters to legislative committees to further advocate our clients’ legislative agendas;
- Drafting and presenting testimony on behalf of our clients before legislative committees;
- Arranging meetings with members of the Maryland General Assembly, the Governor’s Office and relevant members and representatives of the Governor’s Administration, local legislators, and appropriate agency representatives to advocate our clients’ position;
- Assisting our clients with introductions to key stakeholders relevant to their respective business;
- Drafting and/or amending legislation on behalf of our clients;
- Providing up-to-date analysis of current events and political developments that impact our clients;
- Providing opportunities for our clients to attend events sponsored by HJM designed to strengthen its relationship with Maryland’s state and local elected officials and agency representatives; and
- Monitoring the Maryland Register and alerting our clients of relevant regulations that the State of Maryland is seeking to expand, modify or eliminate.
In addition to traditional lobbying services, HJM represents real estate developers in their efforts to build support around important projects around the State. In this capacity, HJM works with its clients and state and local agencies to help secure approvals necessary to keep development on track.